Cyprus play host to Group H leaders Norway having scored only once against their Nordic opponents in five previous encounters which all ended in defeat.
Article top media content
Cyprus have cause for concern as they prepare to take on Norway in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group H, having scored only once against the Scandinavian team in five meetings.
• Cyprus's record in five games against Norway reads W0 D0 L5 (W0 D0 L3 at home).
• The pattern was set for subsequent encounters when the nations first crossed paths in a 1990 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Limassol on 2 November 1988. Two second-half goals from Gøran Sørloth and a late strike from Kjetil Osvold earned the visitors a 3-0 victory.
• Sørloth scored once more in the return fixture as Norway raced into a 3-0 lead, but Cyprus at least pulled one back before the break as Christos Koliandris's effort ensured the final score ended 3-1.
• Norway were again rampant when the sides were pooled together in 1992 UEFA European Championship qualifying, winning 3-0 in Nicosia and Oslo thanks in part to a Sørloth goal in both fixtures.
• Sørloth's absence might explain why Norway triumphed only 2-0 when the teams met in their most recent contest, a friendly on 8 February 1995.