Torras was the winner of the UEFA Futsal EURO 2012 adidas Golden Boot after his five goals and one assist on the way to his fourth continental title with Spain.
Croatia's Dario Marinović began Saturday as the nearest challenger to Torras, an assist behind, but did not add to his tally in the 3-1 third-place play-off loss to Italy. That meant although Torras also drew a blank in the 3-1 extra-time final defeat by Russia, he topped the rankings, giving Marinović the Silver Boot.
The Bronze Boot went to Vidan Bojović of Serbia, who played two games fewer than the top pair after their quarter-final elimination, having scored four in the record-breaking 9-8 win against Azerbaijan. Bojović's one assist left him above the other four-goal man, Aicardo of Spain. It is the first time the award has been decided in this manner; in 2010 the award was shared with goals scored the only criterium.
Despite the goals, I'm not a goalscorer, I'm very happy about winning the championship," Torras told UEFA.com. "I never get tired of winning. I dedicate this to the coaching staff and everyone behind the scenes."
Past final tournament top scorers
2010: Saad Assis (Italy), Biro Jade (Azerbaijan), Javi Rodríguez (Spain), Joel Queirós (Portugal) 5
2007: Cirilo (Russia), Daniel (Spain), Predrag Rajić (Serbia) 5
2005: Nando Grana (Italy) 6
2003: Serhiy Koridze (Ukraine) 7
2001: Serhiy Koridze (Ukraine) 7
1999: Konstantin Eremenko (Russia) 11
1996: Konstantin Eremenko (Russia) 8
adidas Golden Boot criteria
1) Higher number of assists:
• Player delivering the intentional pass, cross, header or shot leading to a goal
• Player shooting and ball rebounding from woodwork, goalkeeper or defender and entering the goal
• Player passing, shooting or crossing and leading to an own goal
• Only one assist per goal can be awarded
• No assist for player winning a penalty or free-kick
2) Higher ratio of converted double (ten-metre) penalties
3) Higher ratio of converted (six-metre) penalties
4) Higher number of goals scored in fewer matches
5) Fair play record (red, yellow cards)