Neymar and Lionel Messi struck as FC Barcelona claimed the derby spoils despite playing 36 minutes with ten men, while Antoine Griezmann's fine form continued.
Article top media content
• FC Barcelona open up a five-point lead at the summit after 2-0 derby win at RCD Espanyol.
• Both goals inside 25 minutes as Neymar completes a 25-pass move before Lionel Messi scores.
• Late substitute Xavi Hernández becomes only the eighth player to make 500 Liga appearances.
• Jordi Alba sent off on 54 minutes, Barcelona's third Liga red card of 2014/15 – they won each time.
• Antoine Griezmann hits two for third successive Liga game for Club Atlético de Madrid.
• Raúl García is also on target in 3-0 win at home to Elche CF.
• Víctor Casadesús's eighth Liga goal of the season takes Levante UD four points clear of drop zone.
• Villarreal CF are nine games without a win after 0-0 draw at Real Sociedad de Fútbol.
• On Friday, Athletic Club sealed a 1-0 win at bottom side Córdoba CF.