FC Augsburg secured a European debut on a dramatic final day when VfB Stuttgart stayed up, SC Freiburg and SC Paderborn 07 were relegated and Hamburger SV booked a play-off.
Article top media content
• FC Augsburg down ten-man VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-1, earning a European debut.
• Augsburg set for UEFA Europa League group stage place next season after finishing fifth.
• Hamburger SV enter relegation play-offs despite 2-0 home victory over FC Schalke 04.
• Schalke end sixth and go to UEFA Europa League third qualifying round.
• VfB Stuttgart earn 2-1 comeback win at SC Paderborn 07 and escape relegation.
• Paderborn lose top-flight status alongside SC Freiburg – beaten 2-1 by Hannover 96.
• Champions FC Bayern München sign off with a 2-0 defeat of 1. FSV Mainz 05.
• VfL Wolfsburg second after 2-2 comeback draw at 1. FC Köln.
• Borussia Dortmund, who face Wolfsburg in cup final, beat SV Werder Bremen 3-2 for seventh.
• Eintracht Frankfurt make it 11 home games unbeaten by overcoming Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2-1.
• Anthony Modeste on target as TSG 1899 Hoffenheim edge Hertha BSC Berlin 2-1.