|Attempts on target||15||18|
|Attempts off target||20||12|
New Olympique Lyonnais coach Rémi Garde is aiming to steer his charges to a 12th successive appearance in the UEFA Champions League group stage as the Ligue 1 side visit a FC Rubin Kazan team eager to make it a hat-trick of appearances at Europe's top table.
• Garde's team bounced back strongly from Vladimir Dyadyun's third-minute goal for Rubin in the first leg, drawing level through Bafétimbi Gomis seven minutes later. It was 2-1 to the home team five minutes before half-time thanks to Solomon Kverkvelia's own goal, Jimmy Briand adding a third 19 minutes from time.
• The first leg was Rubin's first meeting with any French team while Lyon's only previous experience of Russian opposition came against FC Spartak Moskva in the second group stage of the 2000/01 UEFA Champions League – they won 3-0 at home and drew 1-1 away.
• Lyon have competed in every UEFA Champions League group stage since 2000/01, their most successful campaign coming in 2009/10 when they got as far as the semi-finals before going down 4-0 on aggregate to FC Bayern München.
• Lyon's women's team eclipsed that achievement by winning the 2010/11 UEFA Women's Champions League final in London, beating 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam 2-0 after losing on penalties to the same opponents in the previous season's decider.
• Lyon have featured in UEFA Champions League qualifying on three occasions. They were denied a group stage place by NK Maribor in 1999/2000, losing 3-0 over two legs, but subsequently beat FK Senica (2000/01, agg: 4-2) and RSC Anderlecht (2009/10, agg: 8-2).
• Rubin are bidding to return to the group stage for a third successive season, having entered the competition as Russian champions in 2009/10 and 2010/11.
• This is Kurban Berdyev's side's first tilt at UEFA Champions League qualifying. They made an excellent start in the third qualifying round, beating FC Dynamo Kyiv 2-0 away and 2-1 at home in a much-heralded Russia v Ukraine tie.
• Appointed in 2001, Berdyev has overseen all of Rubin's matches in European competition since they made their continental debut in the 2004/05 UEFA Cup qualifying rounds.
• Lyon coach Garde is taking charge of his first European tie. The 45-year-old, who replaced Claude Puel in the summer, was a defender for Lyon, RC Strasbourg and Arsenal FC.
• Lyon forward Lisandro scored his first and so far only goal for Argentina in a 3-2 friendly win against Russia in Moscow on 12 August 2009.
• Kim Källström faced Russia in Sweden's 2-0 defeat at UEFA EURO 2008, a result that confirmed his country's elimination.
• Michel Bastos has played alongside Rubin's Carlos Eduardo for the Brazil national team.
• Rubin's Sergei Kislyak was in the Belarus team that drew 1-1 with France in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying in June. Hugo Lloris was in goal for the visitors.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.