The UEFA Futsal Champions League elite round draw has been made: games from 13 to 18 November.
Article top media content
Elite round draw
Group A: Inter FS (ESP, holders), Dobovec (SVN), Halle-Gooik (BEL), Vytis (LTU, hosts)
Group B: TTG-Ugra Yugorsk (RUS), Barça (ESP, hosts), Ekonomac Kragujevac (SRB), Record Bielsko-Biała (POL)
Group C: Benfica (POR), Sporting CP (POR, hosts), Sibiryak (RUS), Novo Vrijeme Makarska (CRO)
Group D: Kairat Almaty (KAZ), EP Chrudim (CZE, hosts), LSM Lida (BLR), A&S Futsal Pescara (ITA)
Road to the finals
- Matches will be played 13 to 18 November.
- The four group winners will progress to the knockout finals, with one of those clubs appointed hosts for the event on 25 or 26 and 27 or 28 April.
- Inter are aiming for a record third title in a row and sixth overall.
- Other former champions involved: Benfica, Ugra, Kairat, Barça.
- Sporting CP have reached three finals, losing the last two to Inter.
- Kairat have been ever present in all 13 elite rounds under this format; Chrudrim are in their 11th but are yet to reach the finals.
- Sibiryak, A&S Futsal Pescara and Novo Vrijeme are making their debuts.
- A&S Futsal Pescara are the seventh different Italian side to reach the elite round, one more than Ukraine.
- Preliminary round survivors Vytis are the first Lithuanian team to reach the elite round, the 32nd different nation to be represented.
- Record Bielsko-Biała, who also came through the preliminary round, have also reached the elite round for the first time.
How the draw worked
- Teams were split into three seeding tiers: Main round Path A winners (position 1, 4 teams, Pot 4), Main round Path A runners-up (position 2, 4 teams, Pot 3) and Main round path A third place and path B group winners (positions 3 and 4, 8 teams, Pot 2).
- Main round final standings
Pot 1: Hosts
Main round Group 1: Barça (ESP, seeding position 2)
2: EP Chrudim (CZE, seeding position 2)
4: Sporting CP (POR, seeding position 2)
8: Vytis (LTU, seeding position 4)
Pot 2: Path A third place & Path B winners (Positions 3 & 4)
1: Halle-Gooik (BEL)
2: Ekonomac Kragujevac (SRB)
3: Sibiryak (RUS)
4: LSM Lida (BLR)
5: A&S Futsal Pescara (ITA)
6: Novo Vrijeme Makarska (CRO)
7: Record Bielsko-Biała (POL)
Pot 3: Path A runners-up (Position 2)
3: Dobovec (SVN)
Pot 4: Path A winners (Position 1)
1: Benfica (POR)
2: Inter FS (ESP, holders)
3: TTG-Ugra Yugorsk (RUS)
4: Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
- No main round group winners could face the runners-up in their group.
- There was no country potection.
- Four mini-tournament hosts were named ahead of the draw and placed in a Pot 1, while maintaining their seeding.
- The teams in Pot 2 were drawn next, filling the remaining position 4 spots before filling position 3
- Pots 3 (position 2) and 4 (position 1) were then drawn.