Holders Lyon will face Zürich and two-time winners Wolfsburg are up against Eskilstuna United while the round of 16 draw also produced two rematches from last season.
Article top media content
UEFA Women's Champions League holders Lyon will face Zürich while two-time winners Wolfsburg are up against debutants Eskilstuna United after the round of 16 draw was made in Nyon.
Round of 16 draw (9/10 and 16/17 November)
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) v BIIK-Kazygurt (KAZ)
Barcelona (ESP) v FC Twente (NED)
Slavia Praha (CZE) v Rosengård (SWE)
Manchester City (ENG) v Brøndby (DEN)
Brescia (ITA) v Fortuna Hjørring (DEN)
Lyon (FRA, holders) v FC Zürich (SUI)
Eskilstuna United (SWE) v Wolfsburg (GER)
Bayern München (GER) v Rossiyanka (RUS)
• While Eskilstuna United play Wolfsburg, their fellow debutants Manchester City meet three-time semi-finalists Brøndby.
• Zürich, one of three qualifying round survivors, lost their previous competitive meeting with Lyon 7-1 at Stade de Gerland in the 2008/09 second qualifying round.
• Another team from the qualifying round, Twente, went down 1-0 home and away to Barcelona in the last 16 a year ago.
• The other qualifying round survivors, BIIK, are the first side from Kazakhstan to make it to this stage.
• Brescia beat Fortuna 2-1 on aggregate in last season's round of 16, keeping up the Danish 2003 finalists' record of always falling at this stage since it was introduced in 2009/10.
• Both Slavia and Rosengård reached the quarter-finals last term.
• Whereas all other previous German entrants (FFC Frankfurt, Turbine Potsdam, Duisburg and Wolfsburg) won the competition on debut, Bayern have never got beyond the round of 16.
Road to Cardiff
Round of 16: 9/10 November & 16/17 November
Quarter-final & semi-final draw: 25 November
Quarter-finals: 22/23 & 29/30 March
Semi-finals: 22/23 & 29/30 April
Final (Cardiff City Stadium): 1 June