Slovakia 0-6 Netherlands Sippie Folkertsma scored from the spot and Jill Roord hit a hat-trick as the tournament hosts received a footballing lesson.
Article top media content
- Qualifying top scorer Sippie Folkertsma puts Dutch in front from spot
- Jill Roord makes it 2-0; miscued Stephanie Deszathová clearance adds to hosts' misery
- Two second-half Roord drives complete hat-trick either side of Michelle Hendriks' header
- Slovakia make WU19 EURO finals debut against the Netherlands, winners in 2014
- Next Group A matches on Friday: Netherlands v Norway, Slovakia v France
Jill Roord, Netherlands forward
It feels really great to have won by that scoreline. We were nervous at first, and we just wanted to score quickly, but we didn't have the tempo. After the first goal, we took control. The coach told us at half-time to just keep scoring, because you never know how important a good goal difference will be in tournament football.
It means a lot for us to be here, I think the next game against Norway will be difficult for us. We're at a similar level, and we play similar styles of football, but I think we'll cope with it all fine, especially after a result like this. My favourite goal was definitely the last one, it's nice when they come off in one movement.
Jessica Torny, Netherlands coach
Slovakia looked strong but the girls worked out what they had to do quite quickly, and went on to score six goals, so we're obviously happy. Jill Roord is one of the best of our young players. All the girls were perfect today, but for her it was a great start.
It's a dream start for us in general, but the next game against Norway will be tough. We'll see how that goes. The last time we won this competition was in Norway, and I hope we can achieve that again, but we are only looking as far as the next game.